Pre-Employment Structured Clinical interview (PESCI)
Overview of the Australian healthcare system and medical terminology
- Review of the Medical Board of Australia’s registration requirements and AON approval process
- Resume and cover letter review with emphasis on meeting PESCI panel criteria
- Guidance on obtaining referees and crafting effective referee reports
- Discussion on ethical and legal issues that may arise during the PESCI process
- Tips for managing stress and anxiety during the PESCI interview
- Review of common pitfalls and mistakes made by candidates during the PESCI process
- Q&A session with current and past IMGs who have successfully gone through the PESCI process.
The program will be delivered over six weeks, with weekly classes covering different topics. Participants will have access to course materials and resources online, and will also have the opportunity to participate in mock interviews and clinical cases studies with other participants.
By the end of the course, participants should have a better understanding of the PESCI assessment process, as well as the skills and knowledge required to successfully navigate the process. They should also have a stronger resume and cover letter, and be better prepared for the PESCI interview and AMC clinical examinations.